When it comes to cellulite, there are 3 main causes:
- Lack of Exercise
- A diet high in fat
We get that “cottage cheese look” when the fibrous tissue below the skin forms pockets. They fill with fat deposits that produce bumpy appearances. It is fat, water, and other waste that the body failed to eliminate.
When it comes to genetics, you body might be more likely to hold onto extra fat, and how much the tissue pull down on that fat.
What to do?
In order to beat your genes, follow the below recommendations:
- Engage in an exercise program that tones underlying muscles
- A program that targets fat loss in lower body (hips, thighs, glutes, abs) would be most optimal.
Here are some health benefits of Resistance Training:
- Slow down aging of bone mass
- Rev up metabolism
- Improve function of tendons and ligaments
Also, try adding some HIIT cardio (click HERE to see HIIT cardio workouts) and low impact cardio into your workouts as well. From a factual and scientific standpoint, the lower your body fat, the less cellulite will appear.
- Avoid and limit fatty foods from your diet
- To make this easier, cook foods that you will enjoy eating! Season your chicken and veggies and find ways to make your clean foods taste a little bit better. Limit junk food from your lifestyle and you will see a HUGE difference.
- The less often you don’t eat those foods, the less likely you will crave them…TRUST ME.
Need some guidance? Contact me and I will help you get rid of that unwanted cellulite!